2. A Note about Children. We generally do not intentionally gather Personal Data about visitors who are under the age of 13. To the extent we collect Personal Data from children who are under the age of 13 through our Z PASS+ Service (as described below), we are doing so as a contractor for the child's school for the use and the benefit of the school. In order to implement reasonable procedures to ensure that Zonar is dealing with the child's parent with respect to providing access to such data via the Z PASS+ Service, Zonar will either be obtaining a signed form from the parent via postal mail or facsimile, or accepting and verifying a credit card number, before providing access to such data via the Z PASS+ Service.
3. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
4. Types of Data We Collect. "Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
(a) Z PASS+ Service. The following Section applies to you if you are using the Z PASS+ Service:
(ii) If you are a Subscriber or Additional User, you acknowledge and agree to the following: Zonar may make the above disclosures to you via SMS text. Such messages will be sent each time the Child's RFID card is scanned by the Z PASS equipment in the School Bus (i.e., each time the Child boards or exits the School Bus, which will likely be four times a day (two boardings and two exits), and can be more if the Child rides the School Bus for some additional purpose beyond riding to and from school (such as field trips). You hereby consent to receive such SMS texts. You understand and agree that standard text message and data rates may apply and that you, and not Zonar, are responsible for such charges. You may opt out of receiving such SMS texts by following the instructions in Section 9. If an Additional User opts out, the Additional User will be removed from the Subscriber's account and will no longer receive SMS texts.
6. Use of Your Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
(b) Services. We use information as described in Section 5 (Services).
(c) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. Zonar reserves the right to use Anonymous data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
(a) Services. We disclose information as described in Section 5 (Services).
(b) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to provide payment processing services, to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Zonar. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Zonar.
9. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
(a) Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Data.
(i) We will periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Site or Services. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
(iii) You may opt-out of receiving SMS text messages by texting "STOP". For help, text "HELP".
(b) Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
10. Security of Your Personal Data. Zonar is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Zonar uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Zonar cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Zonar Systems, Inc.
Attn: Legal Dept.
18200 Cascade Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98188